Several exciting updates to the physics department degree programs have been approved by the College of Arts and Sciences.
- New M.S. in Medical Physics degree
- New Biomedical physics track within the B.S. Major in Physics degree
- A new course PHY 397: Research Methods (2 credits) has been created as a sophomore/junior-level requirement for all physics majors (B.S. PHY, B.S., and APA). This course replaces PHY 302 Modern Physics Lab.
- PHY 581 & PHY 582: Advanced Lab 1 & 2 are replaced by PHY 499: Research Capstone (1 credit), which is now required of all majors (B.S. PHY, B.S., and APA).
- MTH 350 (Applied Linear Algebra and Differential Equations) is now required in the APA major.